How To Make: 4th July Wall Decoration
Below provides some steps on how to make your own DIY 4th July wall decoration. Please use caution when doing any DIY project to prevent injury or accidents. This is a general guide and it is up to the project maker and/or instructor to exercise safety measures when assembling or using any materials for the projects. Thank you!
The materials listed below are what was used for this tutorial. Choice of using the material ideas below depends on how you prefer to create the finished project. For example, glue dots or double sided adhesive squares might work best while others may want to use glue sticks or hot glue instead.
- 5" Square Cardstock Shapes
- 4" Square Cardstock Shapes
- 1" Star Cardstock Shapes
- 4.5" DIY Paper Rosette Kit
- 8" Circle Cardstock Shape
- Hot Glue
- Glue Stick
Basic Instructions With Pictures:
1) Glue one color of the 4" squares on top of one color of 5" squares. Glue one color of 3" squares on top of the other color of 4" squares. We recommend doing this step with a good quality adhesive glue stick. Also when applying the glue, do so on the top half of the shape when turned into a diamond position. This can help with the cone folding process in leaving the bottom half more flexible.
2) Form each shape into a cone and glue down the outside edge. During this step we preferred using hot glue in doing so with caution to prevent any injury or accidents.
3) Once all cone shapes are assembled, they can be applied to the circle base in a couple different ways. Starting with the 5" size color combo glue one at a time onto the circle, or glue each cone separately together until it forms a full circle and then glue onto the circle base. This step we also prefer to use hot glue with caution to prevent injury or accidents.
4) Once the 5" sizes are attached, then begin the same process with the 4" sizes. The 4" sizes will be glued on top of the 5" size cone layer.
5) For the center piece, create a DIY paper rosette and glue a star in the center of the rosette. The DIY paper rosette tutorial can be found here.
6) The DIY 4th July wall decoration should now be complete.