How To Make: Fall Leaf Background
Below provides some steps on how to make your own DIY Fall Leaf Background. Please use caution when doing any DIY project to prevent injury or accidents. This is a general guide and it is up to the project maker and/or instructor to exercise safety measures when assembling or using any materials for the projects.
The materials listed below are what was used for this tutorial. Choice of using the material ideas below depends on how you prefer to create the finished project. For example, glue dots or double sided adhesive squares might work best while others may want to use glue sticks or hot glue instead.
- 3" Size Leaf Shapes (50 maple leaf shapes for this specific project)
- 8.5" x 11" sheet of cardstock or paper
- Glue stick or additional adhesive
- Optional - laminate sheet if using to make a place mat or similar.
Basic Instructions With Pictures:
1) Glue leaf shapes onto front of 8.5" x 11" sheet of paper. Work from the bottom and top towards the center. This helps with a more even overlap of leaf shapes.
2) Once all leaf shapes are glue on, turn paper over and trim off extra that is around the sheet edges.
3) . Your leaf background should now be complete! Use as a background for a picture frame, place mat, coasters, or additional creative projects.