How To Make: DIY Paper Lantern
Below provides some steps on how to make your own DIY Paper Lantern. Please use caution when doing any DIY project to prevent injury or accidents. This is a general guide and it is up to the project maker and/or instructor to exercise safety measures when assembling or using any materials for the projects. Thank you!
The materials listed below are what was used for this tutorial. Choice of using the material ideas below depends on how you prefer to create the finished project. For example, glue dots or double sided adhesive squares might work best while others may want to use glue sticks or hot glue instead.
- DIY Tabletop Paper Lantern Kit
- Tissue Paper
- Glue Sticks
- Optional - additional store shapes for embellishing
Basic Instructions With Pictures:
1) Cut 4 pieces of tissue paper to size. It should be slightly larger than the template window opening so that it can be glued into position.
2) Before gluing on the tissue, fold template wall along the score lines.
3) Glue tissue onto inside of template and turn templates over. ***If adding additional embellishments onto the lantern, do so during this step. We prefer to glue shapes onto the outside portion of the tissue/lantern if using color shapes.
4) Glue edges of template together to form a box shape.
5) Fold the base piece along the score lines and glue inside the lantern.
6) The tabletop paper lantern should not be complete. Use with battery operated tealights or other battery lights as the material can be flammable around open flame.