How To Make: Paper Umbrella
Below provides some steps on how to make your own DIY paper umbrella. Please use caution when doing any DIY project to prevent injury or accidents. This is a general guide and it is up to the project maker and/or instructor to exercise safety measures when assembling or using any materials for the projects. Thank you!
The materials listed below are what was used for this tutorial. Choice of using the material ideas below depends on how you prefer to create the finished project. For example, glue dots or double sided adhesive squares might work best while others may want to use glue sticks or hot glue instead.
- Hot Glue
- Glue Stick
- Circle Cardstock Shapes
- Toothpicks, small dowels or lollipop sticks (depending on the size circle being used).
Basic Instructions With Pictures:
1) Fold the circle shape so that it has 8 equal parts similar to that of pizza slices. Lines are drawn for better visual of the tutorial, but not required when doing the project.
2) . Cut from the outer edge to the circle center along one of the fold lines.
3) Glue the cut flap onto onto the triangle section next to it in order to form a unified umbrella top.
4) Using toothpicks, dowels, lollipop sticks or whichever option you choose, glue one on each fold crease.
5) If the stick ends are to long, cut them down to the size desired. In the center glue one additional stick for the umbrella handle.
6) After the glue has dried, the DIY paper umbrella should now be complete. Use additional shapes to create unique designs or different sizes. Start with 4" size circles and dowels or lollipop sticks if looking to embellish with 1" size shapes (such as the pink & black or orange & green umbrella in the picture).